For more than 75 years, S & S Metal Fabrication (dba: Schneider Simpson Sheet Metal) has been meeting custom sheet metal needs throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Formed by Elmer Schneider as Schneider Sheet Metal in 1946, the company first operated from the heart of the Tacoma Industrial District. In 1954 the shop moved to its current location at 1551 South Tacoma Way.
Schneider, a sheet metal worker at a local shipyard earned the nickname “Yump” because he jumped over benches instead of walking around them. He applied the same enthusiasm to his growing business, and by 1951 he brought on two partners; Robert Simpson and Lynden Allbaugh. All three owner-operators devoted their careers to building a respected shop that originally specialized in blowpipe work for the wood industry. Over the years, as the demand for wood-related products declined, the company evolved to become a leader in custom-designed metal projects.